Friday, March 1, 2019

Priscilla's Got Style!




Hi Everyone! 

As the Love Your Parks Tour mascot, I am absolutely delighted to take on the role of sharing all the tour news and updates with you. I think after traveling with Nancy and Lisa since 2012, I'm pretty qualified in a lot of things, especially posing for the camera. In fact, it's my good taste and stylish poise that got me this cool gig in the first place. 


It all started back in the late summer of 2011 when musicians Michael and Spider saw me under the big bright lights in a big box store. I was beyond bored with just sitting on the shelf and was trying my best to catch their attention, which thankfully I did. Not only did they see me and rescue me from the retail jungle, they took me to a fun little dinner party at the Big Blend headquarters, where I met Nancy and Lisa. 

The girls may be chatty, especially on their radio show, but when it comes to having their photos taken....well, good luck! That evening, during a conversation about their traveling radio show, it was decided that my place in the Big Blend family was in front of the camera! How exciting!

In January 2012, we set off on a cross-country road trip from Tucson to Miami, where we were to host a radio show at a tropical plant expo. We snuck out for a visit to the Everglades, and wow, I saw my first alligator! I saw tons of them! It was here where the Love Your Parks Tour started, but under the name Spirit of America Tour as a nod to the upcoming centennial of the National Park Service, and for our National Parks being known as 'America's Best Idea.'

We've been to over 100 parks since we first set foot in the www.LoveYourParksTour.com site launched, we've managed to document 60 of the parks we've visited on an interactive map -- keep watching as more get added!

Until next time, enjoy the little video spotlight above on how I jumped off the shelf and into a great adventure! Oh....and please subscribe to get my updates.

Stylishly yours,
Miss P.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Your Parks Tour Adventures - East Texas, Arizona, Louisiana, Kentucky, New Mexico, Colorado & California

The new issue of Parks & Travel Magazine   is out and along with stories about Hells Canyon, Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon Nati...